Welcome to the SENDIASS North Lincolnshire
SENDIASS stands for the Special Educational Needs and Disability, Information, Advice and Support Service.
SENDIASS North Lincolnshire is a free service for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their parents and carers. It’s impartial and we give confidential information, advice and support in relation to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and related health and social care matters.
We aim to empower children and young people with SEND and their families with the information needed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We provide online, telephone and email support on a range of SEND related issues. The type of information we provide includes:
- Exclusions information and advice
- Information on how to access services
- Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) information
- Preparation for meetings and appeals
- Letter templates and written information
- Referrals and signposting to relevant services
- Training and workshops
- Advocacy support to help children and their parents or young people to help ensure their views are heard and understood
- Support to understand SEND legislation and processes, including mediation and appeals to the SEN and Disability Tribunal
- Advice on how to improve communication between parents, carers, young people and schools or other agencies.
- Support to resolve disagreements around SEND issues impacting on young people and their families.
- A wide range of online information and resources
- A role in informing local policy and practice
The video below provides more information about what you can expect from SENDIASS